|| May 21, 2014
- Altered leaves color changing somewhat to better utilize temperature
- Can no longer split plank blocks back into plank items by hand, must have a saw.
- Can now convert thatch back into 4 straw.
- Log piles should now properly be destroyed when empty.
- Disabled wood construct optimizations due to some derps that were causing incorrect rendering. I'll make another pass at this another time when I feel like messing with it more.
- Fixed errant display number for satisfaction. I forgot to multiply by 100. Everything was working properly but you were seeing display numbers such as 0.3% instead of 30%
- Fixed javelin ghost items from placing on tool rack.
- Fixed short reach on firestarters
- Fixed Ore sometimes having transparent background.
- Fixed achievement triggers for bronze and iron age.
- Added missing checks for ToolRack2.blockID. Fixes buggy acacia racks.
- Plucking chickens deals 5 damage instead of 25.
- Chickens should now properly eat, allowing them to regen health.
- Removed ability to put milk buckets in food prep.
- Cleaned up some horse breeding slightly and horses should now properly spawn with full health.
- Female horses should no longer cling to their man after giving birth and will once again give him some space.
- Fixed bloomery validation again.
- Fixed forge validation
- Fixed unsynced ceramic mold breaking. Had to fake returning the mold to the players inventory by dropping an item at the player's feet that is immediately picked up. This results in a pickup sound being played and is unavoidable for now.
|| May 16, 2014
- Bloomery now requires at least 1 ore to be lit to prevent dopes from wasting charcoal :)
- Sleeping should no longer autokill the player. When the players hunger plays catchup after sleeping, it now drains at half speed and the player will not take damage from this. However if the stomach is empty after playing catchup, the player will be subject to the normal damage rules regarding hunger.
- Mortar Recipes are now shapeless
- Ore blocks will no longer all sync to the client at worldgen/chunkload. Instead, only ore blocks that are exposed to air or a non-opaque block will attempt to sync. This should cut down on "Memory connection overburdened" console messages and speed up chunkloading.
- Many blocks are now flammable if they make sense including thatch. You're welcome.
- Added some "bad nbt" warnings to tooltips for items with bad nbt.
- Bloomery doors should no longer go flying away when broken.
- Saddles on horses now sync for the client when closing the horse inventory.
- Fixed log dupe with firepit log pile fuel usage.
|| May 13, 2014
- Stone anvils no longer show plans for copper tools since they couldn't be used to make them anyways.
- Fixed removing logs from a lit pit kiln.
- Fixed certain blocks breaking rendering by forcing all blocks to render all sides at all times.
- Fixed ingot pile dupe bug
- Fixed chalcolithic achievement not always being attainable.
- Removed most of the Z-Fighting(Two faces trying to render in the exact same space causing flickering between textures) that would occur with placed planks and corrected the UV maps that they used for rendering.
- Flint and steel should no longer set blocks on fire if used on a block that can be activated.
- Wood Constructs now do some operations to render less blocks when possible. If an entire face is formed with identical wood types (8 planks side by side), instead of rendering 8 separate blocks, a single block is rendered instead.
|| May 8, 2014
- Bushes can now refruit multiple times in the same year if they are within the proper seasonally adjusted growth times.
- Multiuse crops no longer give seeds when right click harvested. They only yield seeds when broken like other crops. No more runaway tomato farms.
- Firepits should no longer extinguish if they run out of fuel while having a log pile above them. Instead they will grab a log from the above logpile and use it as fuel instead. Should fix a few instances of charcoal pits not functioning. When the firepit decides that the requirements are met for charcoal production it will stop using fuel. This has not changed from before.
- Maximum panning per chunk reduced from 100 to 50, silver removed from panning to slow the progression straight to bronze and quick-panning (panning gravel beneath flowing water) has been disabled. You'll now need to shovel the gravel out from under the water as you can no longer fill gold pans from blocks beneath water.
- Finished spindles no longer stack.
- Added missing workable/weldable/danger message to metal sheets and bloom items
- Added door sounds to bloomery opening/closing
- Fixed splitting 100% refined bloom. Plans now auto-select based on input if there is only one possible plan and select no plan if there is none available.
- Fixed the bow removing arrows from the quiver even if it does not fire.
- Fixed shift clicking ingots out of molds not keeping temp data
- Fixed horses spawned from eggs only having 15 health
- Added ASM fix for vanilla leashes so that they properly recognize TFC fences and don't break.
- Fixed Acacia Support Beams not supporting
|| May 5, 2014
- Food without proper NBT can no longer be placed in a vessel or food prep slots.
- Corrected some derps with chicken and pheasant egg laying.
- Nest boxes will no longer attract pheasant.
- Fixed upper half of player inventory drawing too big a rectangle.
- Fixed a number of issues related to horse breeding.
- Fix ClassCastException while checking armor
- Added non-tool metal sheets to heat index so double sheets can be made
- Changed stalactite breaking texture
- Tweaked the decay formula. This was actually an undocumented change from 78.12 that was released in a stealth update.
- Changed the good nutrition hunger death prevention from 50% to 85%. If your average nutrition is above 85% then being hungry will not kill you.
- In order to prevent sheepicide, wolves no longer attempt to slaughter them on sight and sheep now run away when they detect a wolf or bear nearby.
- Chicken AI can now deal with not being able to reach a nest box. They should also be able to see nest boxes that are slightly above them.
- Bears no longer run away when hit.
- Wolves and bears should now properly damage the player when attacking.
- Gold pan once again inserts directly into inventory, plays item pickup sound on success
- Modified water drip particles on stalactites so they don't hang in midair.
|| May 01, 2014
- Fixed armor calculations being offset by 1 slot resulting in useless helmets. *Possibly fixes wolves & bears not doing damage.
- Fixed more server related crashes regarding food prep.
- Fixed breaking ice always creating salt water sources.
- Optifine should no longer cause crashes.
- Fixed decay equation to actually be 50% per day as the default base.
- Fixed the bow always firing at full charge.
- Fixed touching barrels emptying into each other.
- Fixed animals thinking they could path through fences.
- Really fixed forges going out when being created for the first time.
- Fixed red arrow placement in the anvil possibly resulting in impossible to complete rules.
- Fixed arrow always animating in the casting UI regardless if it's actually casting the tool.
- Non-terrible meals are much easier to make. Note: Past meal recipes may result with different taste values after updating.
- Disabled redstone interaction with fence gates.
- Removed unused tool-tip on hides.
- Forges will have a static temperature of 2000 in debug mode.
- Added chat messages to debug commands so it's more obvious if they worked.
- Casting interface can now be opened with any liquid metal instead of just copper/bronzes. Interface can be used to cast tools using a full unshaped liquid ingot (This is identical to the previous usage. Non casting metals still can NOT be cast) as well as for combining partially filled ingot molds (both molds must be at liquid temperature). Also added background overlays to the slots so it's easier to figure out which item goes where.
- The config value of decayRateMultiplier now also multiplies the initial decay when an item is first receiving decay. Setting this to 0 will now also stop initial decay from adding to the item.
|| Apr 29, 2014
- Fixed clickable area of the food prep gui being too small, causing players to toss items from their inventory.
- Fixed crash when splitting Iron Bloom
- Fixed taming wolves setting their current HP to 20
- Forges should no longer go out instantly when lit for the first time.
- Donkey chests can be properly accessed now, no more crashes.
- Scraping sheepskins now adds hides to the player's inventory on the client as well as the server and with the correct size.
- 30% slower heating/cooling applied to all metals
- Meals now also cool much slower.
- Added oreDict for Acacia planks. Fixes all missing vanilla recipes. Acacia can now be used in all the mix&match wood recipes too.
- Made nest box GUI same size as log pile and vessel.
- Breeding animals now consumes 5 oz of the specific food, not the entire item.
|| Apr 26, 2014
- Inverted vanilla minecraft chunk rendering via core mod so that it renders from the top down instead of bottom up. I expect this to provide a large performance boost as well as clearing up a number of chunk loading bugs that have existed since the dawn of TFC time. Most specifically, you should no longer see the caves at the bottom of the world before the surface of the world has had time to render.
- It is recommended that you create a new world when playing 78.10 to get the full effect of the changes, but is not required. Since 10 changes a number of worldgen settings and makes trees spawn properly where they weren't before, there is a fairly noticeable difference in worldgen between this and previous versions.
- Removed accidental 50x burn length for logs.
- Getting the background rock for an ore block should no longer return an IndexOutOfBounds when it somehow gets wrong metadata.
- Fruit tree saplings should once again use the correct localization.
- Fixed snow piling on things that it shouldn't such as fences.
- The firepit now properly heats the bottom slots which should properly allow for liquid metal molds.
- Fixed rounding error when checking for freshwater at the players feet for thirst restoration.
- Correct invalid plum sapling drops from 78.8, saving worlds with the invalid sapling items.
- When it is cold enough, snow should be rendered instead of rain when there is precipitation. Although there was previously an implementation of this, the new method uses a core mod override the vanilla handling of this.
- Meals can no longer be put in the ingredient slots of food prep.
- Fixed Ice generating in a checkerboard formation as well as a few other ice formation bugs.
- Fixed a major issue where all EVT layers were returning an evt of 0.
- Implemented several fixes and optimizations in forest generation. The world shouldn't be so barren with only occasional redwoods anymore.
- Caves and ravines should no longer cut through water causing ugly floating water.
- Fixed a few blocks that weren't rendering all sides properly when next to another block.
- Fixed support beams having full block sized collision boxes instead of matching their shape.
- Fixed stalactite/stalagmite having full block sized collision boxes instead of matching their shape.
- Fixed Stalactites and Stalagmites not removing themselves properly when part of their base is destroyed.
- Bears should no longer despawn.
- The gold pan now drops nugget item on success, so that success is more obvious.
- Tweaked river ravine spawning parameters to no longer attempt to spawn a river multiple times per chunk.
- Adjusted EVT and Rain datalayers so that zones with flora should be more plentiful overall.
- Male pheasant should no longer crow like a rooster.
- Lowered chicken max health to 50. Matches pheasant.
- Tweaked the spawn parameters of a few tree types to be less generic.
- Snow now piles up beyond the initial dusting at a much reduced rate.
- The goldpan now operates on a grid similar to crops. This grid determines the types of metals available. Chunks have a 75% chance to contain copper, 50% silver, 25% Gold and 100% Platinum. This amount is only determines if the chunk can provide these metals, the chances to actually retrieve these metals remain the same.
- Slightly expanded creatures spawn parameters.
|| Apr 23, 2014
- The Forge should now properly cool down when it has run out of fuel.
- If an item no longer has any nbt tags in its compound when cooling down, the compound should be removed, allowing stacking.
- Fixed milk being auto-consumed when milking a cow.
- Fixed plum tree crash
- Fixed isBlockSolidOnSide check for slabs returning rotated results
- Ingots now have tooltips for workable, weldable, and in danger of melting states.
- Semi-reverted the item heat changes. Temperature once again uses floats instead of shorts. The shorts ended up being harder to understand. However many of the aspects which unified item temp handling have remained, so overall it's a net positive.
|| Apr 22, 2014
- Added missing raw horse meat salting recipe.
- Fixed salted tag not appearing on shift click.
- Removed crafting of leather & knife to open leather working interface. This was the old way and was causing issues and should've been removed before.
- Removed ceramic vessel:2 from the creative menu to prevent crashes.
- Added food tool-tip localization for Amount, Decay and Salted.
- Achievements no longer reset between worlds.
- Fixed bloomery not turning stack blocks into molten blocks correctly when lit
- Actually fix plum trees dropping apple saplings. Previously generated plum trees may not be affected. but all new ones should be fixed.
- Wolves shouldn't despawn like enemies.
- Fixed incorrect ItemMeal cast in FoodPrep which was causing a crash.
- Fixed some food prep validation.
- Fix blast furnace being unlightable with 1-tall chimneys
- Added missing heat info for rich/poor ores
- Horses should no longer use vanilla AI except where appropriate.
- Inedible food should no longer play the eating animation.
- Added some null checks to worldgen to prevent crashes.
- Milking cows should no longer give ghost milk.
- Ores now have a tooltip showing the amount of metal that they provide. Should help with figuring out the correct ratios with rich/normal/poor ore.
- Plank blocks now stack to 32.
- Sweeping change to how item temperatures are handled. Instead of using actual temperatures, all heatable items now store a 16bit short which tracks how long it has been cooking. This equates to the old temperature and to the end user little should be different other than perhaps cooking times. Because this is a short, the rate of temp change is now based on ticks instead of some complex math. This is far easier to manage for us on the back-end. I tried to do this change in a way that old worlds would not be affected. I think that I succeeded. If not then I apologize. The only issue that I'm expecting is items that have heat already when you update your world, may never lose the the old temperature tag. This should really only affect stacking ingots.
|| Apr 17, 2014
- Added a Global Decay multiplier. This multiplies against the entire decay algorithm. Setting this multiplier to 0 will effectively turn off decay.
- Fixed food decay indicator(the damage bar) not using the correct numbers.
- Cleaned up crop seed return code and moved the agri skill check for an extra seed to only happen if the crop is mature.
- Lily pad item texture fixed.
- Can no longer pour molten metal into tool molds for incorrect metals.
- Fixed kapok door recipe.
- Added missing boat recipe for acacia planks.
- Fixed making acacia supports consuming saw.
- Ropes now display size / weight
- Fixed spawning in oceans.
- Red steel buckets now properly hold fresh water as well.
- Wolves can be fed food to restore their hunger.
- Armor renders properly while sneaking
- Armor stand no longer renders outside the item space.
- Chickens and pheasants cant be bred with pumpkin seeds
- Shift right clicking vinegar onto a barrel of milk correctly creates curdled milk
- Fixed meals not disappearing when you eat them with negative decay
- Fixed meals not deleting when they over-decay
- Fixed needing to shiftclick with Flint and steel to light the kiln
- There are now female bears.
- Double chests should no longer disappear when viewing at certain angles.
- Fertilizer can be used on crops on tilled ground.
- Using fertilizer properly consumes the item.
- Crops who die from any method other than the old age config option will give a seed back. This way if you accidentally plant a crop when it's too cold for it to survive, you get that seed back.
- Fixed unfertilized eggs having no weight.
- Fixed pheasants suddenly becoming chickens and using chicken AI
- Placing metal sheets now properly consumes them.
- Rain is no longer factored into the environmental decay equation. This should result in a longer shelf life for most food. Rain was having a far far bigger effect on decay than I'd intended.
- Updated localizations.
- Meals should now also show decay.
- Temporarily disabled the armor stand recipe. Can still be obtained through creative and old armor stands will still stay in your world. The code for these need to be optimized better than they were and a number of crashes were linked to them, so I've opted to disabled crafting them until we've redone this. No ETA. -B
- Grass color reverted.
- Caveins are now more common be default. This only takes effect with a config deletion as the default value has changed.
- Forge can be created with charcoal block, or vanilla coal block.
|| Apr 15, 2014
- Fixed pre-78 dough from clicking & dragging it out of the crafting slot.
- Fixed bears, cows and horses dropping item.hide instead of a large hide. The buggy item.hides can be used to create a straw & hide bed, and breaking the bed should give back the correct large hide.
- Pheasants should really no longer lay eggs now.
- Food Exhaustion now properly resets after hunger is applied to the player each hour.
- Fixed meals sometimes giving the wooden bowls back.
- Hopefully fixed anvils consuming output items and creating ghost items (bug may still occur on pre-existing worlds, needs further testing).
- Fixed vessels showing items in the tooltip with a 0 stacksize
- Fixed vessels crashing when a meal inside decayed out of existence.
- Loose rocks/ore and sticks no longer go flying.
- Cleaned up some console spam regarding knapping-like interfaces and using clay.
- Fixed players spawning in trees.
- Fixed bowl stack size disappearing from the food prep GUI in SMP.
- Nutrition levels now degenerate 50% slower.
- Removed mushrooms/melons/pumpkins as valid food sources. We'll fix these foods later.
- Made caves/ravines slightly less common. Moved surface ravines up slightly so they are less likely to spawn with a thin grass layer on top.
- Tightened spawn parameters for Douglas Fir and Sequoia trees, making them a bit less common.
- Bloom items now appear in creative correctly.
|| Apr 14, 2014
- Fixed meal creation not working in SMP.
- Fixed pre-78 dough from using decayed flour.
- Tweaked gold panning numbers.
- Added Canadian translation of gold pan overworked message.
|| Apr 14, 2014
- Fixed several issues with fresh and salt water freezing and unfreezing into the incorrect types.
- Fixed issues with the forge and anvil shift click handlers that was causing item ghosting and general desync issues.
- Fixed unknown dirt due to not taking into account dry grass on worldgen when getting the subsurface block.
- Fixed Plum trees giving Apple saplings.
- Fixed cheese production giving pre-78 cheese
- Fixed Quern not giving stacked items
- Fixed grinding flour in the quern giving pre-78 flour.
- Fixed several NullPointerExceptions with vessels containing food.
- Making meals should now properly consume wooden bowls. Also fixed some validation logic for creating meals.
- Fixed players respawning with incorrect food amounts.
- Fixed NPE in WorldGenGrowCrops due to the crop block not spawning.
- Fixed meal index out of bounds tooltip crash.
- Fixed Container crash when the players inventory updates due to food ticking inside of a small vessel. This is the bug that a lot of you were reporting where you'd crash with the skills tab open etc.
- Hammers now properly deal crushing damage. As a tool and not a weapon, this will lose durability faster than a mace which is considered a weapon. However, it is now a valid choice against early skeletons.
- Fixed divide by zero in WorldGenGrowCrops
- Fixed Maize Ears not being edible in whole form.
- Changed quiver leatherworking recipe.
- Added missing saddle recipe for leatherworking.
- Added missing firebrick recipe to the kiln recipe list. It's now properly possible to fire clay firebricks
- Increased graphite/kaolinite powder yields from quern grinding.
- Sluice creation is now disabled until it can be rewritten.
- Most alcohol is now disabled pending a barrel rewrite. This is necessary as the barrel did not take into account the new food system.
- Panning for ores has received a major overhaul. When the player scoops gravel or sand into their pan, the chunk they are standing in now receives a counter. After enough soil has been grabbed for panning from this chunk, panning will no longer be possible from that chunk. Additionally, pannign no longer scans the world and is instead far more simple. This means that no matter where you pan, you will only be able to find nuggets of the native ores (Native Copper, Native Silver, Native Gold, Native Platinum). When sluicing is rebuilt it will use the same counter, however it will allow for far more soil to be sifted from each chunk.
- Loose rocks on the ground no longer spawn as little cubes and instead display an entity laying flat on the ground showing what item they are. This means that looking for surface ores is now far more simple as you can recognize them on sight instead of needing to run around punching rocks.
- Similar to the loose rocks change, sticks can now be found strewn about the world under trees, along riverbanks, and on beaches. This should give players who spawn in parts of the world with little tree cover a leg up to begin their journey.
- Server admins now have much more control over the properties of food decay via the config.
- Food now has a new Food Decay Protection (FDP) system in place to help stem the effects of decay upon server players. There is a new variable in play that determines a length of time at which food decay is severely reduced. The default setting is 18 MC days. This means that if a piece of food has sat in an unloaded chunk for >= 18 MC Days, FDP will kick in and no time past this point will affect the food. additionally, when the chunk is loaded for the first time and the food is ticked, the food will only receive 24 hours worth of decay instead of the full amount that it would normally receive. If your food is being stored properly and logged off with very little decay, chances are good that you will return with your food still sitting in your ceramic vessels. Additionally, for any length of time between 1 hour and 18 MC days there is a scaling multiplier on decay where food decay gets decreased each time it ticks. **Note that FDP CAN be disabled in the configs.
|| Apr 12, 2014
- Fixed multiple issues with shift-clicking food out of the crafting result slot in the inventory.
- The Calendar page now properly dims the background.
- Fixed single floating leaves from chopping down Douglas Firs.
- Zombies now drop carrots and potatoes with proper weight. Weight is similar to harvesting the crop, decay is 50%.
- Food weight should now always round on display.
- Logs should now only notify neighboring leaves of their change when they break. Hopefully this fixes leaves not disappearing while also not allowing the callableLvl1 crash to recur
- Pheasant should no longer randomly pop eggs
- A plop sound should now play when chickens lay eggs in the nestbox.
- Removing food from the crafting result slot on the players inventory with the number keys is now disabled. Mojang does not provide enough ways to manipulate what happens to objects that get shift clicked. Only food is affected by this.
- Shift Clicking food from the players inventory into the crafting slots is now possible. Only food is affected by this.
|| Apr 11, 2014
- Fixed Severe memory leak due to water plant rendering. Thanks to Enqueuing and the others in IRC for helping me narrow this down.
|| Apr 11, 2014
- Fixed Small Vessel Crash when processing Item heat
- Fixed bread so that it now cooks using the new food system properly
|| Apr 10, 2014
Built on Forge v22.214.171.1245
- Only basic information will be provided here. You'll have to wait for wiki entries and proper guides to be written up if you can't figure things out.
- Requires that you generate new worlds. Many block ids have changed among other things that will possibly make established worlds crash.
- Added Horses. Will drop raw horse meat, hide and bones up on death. (Meat texture is currently the same as venison) Horses must first be leashed with a rope before the player can ride them. Currently no recipe for saddles.
- Food overhauled to implement a nutrition and decay system. See the Food page on the wiki for more info.
- Player inventory now consists of four tabs: Inventory, Skills, Calendar and Health (currently only displays nutrition). All other container's GUIs are modular, so their texture file no longer contains the player's inventory section. Removed keybinding used to open old calendar interface.
- Added config file TFCOres.cfg for altering ore generation as well as adding other mod's ores to TFC world gen. See the Configuration page of the wiki for more info.
- Added fresh and salt water. Players can only drink from and fill their jugs with fresh water. Water plants are helpful in distinguishing water type. Cattails spawn in fresh water, seaweed in salt water.
- Added Jute which can be soaked in a barrel to produce rope which behaves like vanilla leads.
- Added nest boxes for chickens to lay eggs in. Female hens will migrate towards them to sit in, and the eggs will become fertilized if a male rooster is nearby. Fertilized eggs will eventually hatch into chicks. Removing fertilized eggs from a nest box will un-fertilize them.
- Added pheasants as an alternative mob for gathering feathers. Are hunted in the wild by wolves.
- Added Achievements.
- Added Poor and Rich ore to ore block drops. Poor ore will produce 15 metal units, while rich will produce 35. Veins should be roughly 20% rich, 30% poor, and 50% normal.
- Added seismically active areas which can spawn fissures and hot springs. Stability: 1 on the F3 debug screen means the area is active.
- Single metal sheets can now be placed on any side of a block.
- Added Fire Bricks. Craft 4 fire clay in a 2x2 grid to get 2 clay brick, which need to be fired in a pit kiln. Craft the fired brick items with mortar like all other bricks to create Fire Brick Blocks.
- Added Acacia Trees.
- Added Armor Stands.
- Added wood-specific fences and fence gates.
- Added berry bushes to world generation. Bushes cannot be multiplied, so what is found through exploration is what you get. Some bushes are thorny and will damage players and mobs.
- Added Straw & Hide Bed made from 2 thatch blocks and a large raw hide in the world. Sets the players spawn without skipping the night.
- Added fertilizer made from grinding sylvite in a quern. Replenishes all three nutrient types on farmland.
- Added the quiver which is made via leather working. Holds and auto-refills arrows and javelins. Place it on the back slot which is located on the player model in the inventory to wear it.
- Added Skills System for different smithing, cooking and agriculture.
- Added more debug mode commands: "/debugmode" for preventing starvation, "/vgsp" for visual testing of spawn protection (turns blocks to wool, use with caution), "/remove area x y z" to remove all blocks centered on the player with the given dimensions, "/removechunk" for completely removing blocks from a chunk, and "/stripchunk" which removes everything but the ore.
- Skeletons attack half as fast.
- Mobs taking damage is now affected by the different damage types. For example, piercing damage is completely useless against Skeletons.
- Disabled quern animation to help stop lag.
- Nerfed stone knife damage. Use javelins instead!
- Making a crafting table will consume the item and expand the player's inventory grid from 2x2 to 3x3. This upgrade is lost and must be re-done on player death.
- Removed Mudstone and Siltstone.
- Sedimentary stone only spawns on the top layer. Metamorphic only spawns in the top two layers. Both Igneous stone types spawn in all three layers.
- Ore and mineral generation now moves with the terrain (no more only y-60 veins). Ores and minerals can now spawn in all layers of stone, meaning possible surface nuggets of every metal. Stone types for certain ores have been changed. See the Ores & Minerals page of the wiki for more info.
- Pit kiln is now only one block deep. Uses 8 straw and 8 logs.
- Deer drop venison, and no longer immediately flee from players. Attacking one deer however, will spook all of them nearby.
- Squid only spawn in oceans.
- Removed the Scribing Table and Plans.
- Reworked Anvil GUI to add a plan selection button as well as a skills display screen. Removed +/- 5 tolerance for completing a tool, must now land exactly on the single arrow.
- Roosters crow at dawn.
- Ingot cooling in a barrel uses less water. Ingots now cool at the same rate regardless of what inventory they are in.
- Lava oceans near bedrock only spawn in seismically active areas. Should help reduce lag.
- Blast Furnace now requires Fire Brick Blocks as its chimney as well as for the outer sides to have wrought iron or better metal sheets on them. The blast furnace now needs to be lit with a fire starter or flint & steel instead of working automatically. A picture of a minimum size Blast Furnace.
- Graphite now gives 2 powder in a quern instead of 1.
- Lowered anvil striking volume.
- Sand, Dirt and Farmland texture files now use the stone name. Dirt and Sand will show their stone type in game on the tool-tip.
- Grass looks grassier. Mountains will only have a single layer of dirt/grass on them. Added short grass that only spawns in dry grass areas.
- Reorganized creative menu tabs. Added cobblestone to the blocks tab.
- Bloomery block is now a hatch for easy charcoal placing and bloom breaking. Ore and extra charcoal still need to be thrown in on top via the chimney. When breaking a bloom block, the bloom item will move towards the bloomery hatch for easy retrieval.
- Wild crops should now respawn every year between April and September. Wild crop world generation altered so that different crop types will be harder to find. Seeds can now only be obtained through harvesting crops.
- Added High Plains terrain biome.
- Light level now affects temperature. A fully dark area will be 25% cooler than ambient temperature.
- Reworked Food Prep GUI. Now requires 2-3 different food groups, with both 4oz slots requiring the same group. Removed potion effects from meals.
- Hides now come in 3 sizes: small, medium, and large, depending on the size, age, and type of animal. Straw & Hide beds can only be made with large hides.
- Players now start the game June 1st instead of March 1st.
- Playing in peaceful can now result in death from starvation.
- Removed the four right byproduct slots in the fire pit. Fire pit can no longer be used to smelt ore.
- Updated Charcoal item texture to match vanilla. Removed unused textures of removed items.
- Torches can be placed on top of stone walls.
- Tool molds can be filled directly from liquid ceramic vessels.
- Southern half of the world (+Z coords) now have reversed seasons (i.e. Winter in June, Summer in December).
- Lit charcoal pits emit smoke particles again.
- Plank blocks can be crafted back into plank items. 3 single planks by hand, or 4 if you use a saw. Removed wooden button recipe due to conflict.
- Pumpkins no longer have the face texture on them until they are turned into jack-o-lanterns.
- Widened the range that animals can spawn at.
- Caves generate all the way up to the surface. Be careful as this may also cause sink holes. Caves are more more common in sedimentary rocks.
- The closer a collapse is to support beams, the more likely that those beams will now break. Players should now make sure that they are always mining in a supported area by extending their supports as they go.
- Torches are now replaced by any blocks falling on them. Stops torch mining for gathering dirt, cobblestone, etc.
- Ore can now collapse like the surrounding rock, so care should be taken when mining out ore veins. The ore WILL be lost if a cave in occurs.
- Cobble can now collapse in any direction like dirt.
- Bedrock now moves up and down with the terrain at 1/3 the rate of change.
- Hopefully fixed all Sequoia-related crashes. Trunk now goes roughly all the way up through the leaves.
- Rewrote stalactite/stalagmite code to help reduce lag.
- Axes show damage type.
- Fixed shift clicking of flux into an anvil to do the whole stack instead of just one.
- Blast Furnace will only accept as much ore and charcoal as its height can process.
- Leaves will only appear dead when the temperature is < 10 or rainfall is < 100 and the tree isn't evergreen. No more dying rainforests in the winter.
- Crops should no longer use nutrients when dormant, and should use less nutrients when growth is slowed from the cold.
- Fixed duplicate items in the creative menu.
- Fixed Red Steel Bucket dupe bug.
- Fixed items not properly ticking in vessels. No more pottery man's lunchbox.
- Fixed game not properly releasing the binding of the L and M keys. Should make life easier on people who are left-handed.
- Ice should freeze and melt properly without duplicating source blocks.
- Players who aren't in debug mode cannot travel back in time using /time set day and night.
- Fixed finished spindle unable to be placed on a tool rack.
- Fixed combining of two unshaped metals in a fire pit returning a clay mold instead of a ceramic one.
- Fixed stone anvil breaking particles displaying as lava.
- Fixed partially filled ceramic molds being rejected from placing inside a vessel.
- Fixed "Liquid" tool-tip remaining on vessels after all the motlen metal had been removed.
- Fixed Vessel dupe bug.
- Fixed forges not being destroyed when you remove the block underneath it.
- Fixed Horizontal supports not breaking when they weren't connected to a vertical one.
- Fixed X-Ray ore bug.
|| Dec 02, 2013
- Changed tuyere slot, liquid vessel and casting UI to only accept one item at a time.
- Fixed the issue with placement of ingot into the existing pile of other metal kind.
- Attempted to fix invisible cows.
- Ingot Piles, Pottery and Food Prep properly break and drop only non-ghost items when the block underneath them is broken.
- Ingots now act like log piles in that they must be placed on top of solid blocks, or a full ingot pile.
- Removing an ingot from the middle or bottom of a multi-block pile results in all ingots above it to merge down. If a different type of metal is on top, it will break and drop the ingots.
- Implementation of solid sides for partial blocks. Torches can be placed on the fully solid sides of chiseled blocks.
- Added a +-0.01 tolerance to alloy percentages to hopefully help with rounding errors.
- Ingots can no longer be placed in vessels.
- Fixed Molten blocks not disappearing after bloomery completes.
- Added check so bloomery will only accept as much ore as its size can hold, instead of always accepting amount allowed in max size.
- Fixed shift click logic to prevent duplicating of items.
- Vanilla Iron blocks should no longer appear in the world due to the river ravine gen.
- Fixed Fruit Trees regrowing instantly.
|| Oct 09, 2013
- Fixed the Blast Furnace not properly heating ore.
|| Oct 08, 2013
- Bloomery can now be built twice as tall and handle twice as much iron ore.
- Blast furnace now needs to be lit like the bloomery.
- A cook delay was added to the smelting process to prevent sudden instant liquefaction of the all the ore at once. Removed debug cook rate of the Blast Furnace. Blast Furnace now cooks ore much slower.
- Fixed Douglas Firs not growing properly due to "id" not being set
- Fixed straw spawning and flying off with crazy velocity.
- Bears and Wolves can no longer mate.
- Fixed deer so they are no longer shearable animals that mate with chickens to produce cows.
- Animal baby heads now render correctly and removed code that lead to grossly over/under sized animals.
- Animals should now correctly be able to eat grass to heal again.
|| Oct 01, 2013
- Hopefully fixed the ChunkCache exception that folks were getting with detailed blocks. My testing looked good but we'll see when this gets more widespread testing.
|| Sep 30, 2013
- Fixed metal % display in the crucible so that it doesn't show incorrect metal ratios due to rounding errors caused by the conversion of floats into ints.
- Female wolves should now properly spawn.
- Fixed TileEntityCrop cast to TileEntityFarmland crash
- Fixed Vanilla Zombies being spawned in the zombie re-reinforcement wave.
- Removed Vanilla Slab and Stair recipes.
- Fixed breaking leaves not triggering a block update.
- Tweaked animal mating so that animals properly face each other and move towards one another at a normal speed instead of a crawl.
- Fixed missing leather armor names.
- Fixed some derpy vanilla rendering so that detailed blocks don't have uv issues.
- Should now sync the casting progress bar in SMP.
- Liquid vessel removed from the creative ui. Fixes Crash due to no attached NBT data.
- Trees should now in most cases only replace air when growing leaves.
|| Sep 24, 2013
- Pulling alloys out of the crucible should no longer result in negative percentages of metal in the crucible due to Bioxx derp math.
| 0.77.16: Obligatory TFC Tuesday Bugfix
|| Sep 24, 2013
- Fixed crucibles not loading metal from NBT correctly which was causing 0% metal bugs.
- Fixed Water Flow bug
|| Sep 21, 2013
- Entities should now properly take damage.
|| Sep 21, 2013
Built on Forge v126.96.36.1991
- Charcoal pits should properly give you a short respite after lighting before the entire pit goes up in flames.
- Widened the spawn parameters for cows. They should now be somewhat easier to find.
- Must now sneak to retrieve pottery items. Should help prevent accidentally dislodging of items when working with the kiln.
- Fixed CTD when right clicking a tamed dog with nothing in your hand.
- You shouldn't be able to place stacks of items in the anvil input slots now.(Doesn't affect flux)
- Fixed dupe related top using the number keys to switch vessels on your toolbar. Attempting to do so while in a vessel will now close the gui.
- Fixed a crucible metal dupe bug.
- The mcmod.info file should function properly now.
- Fixed some issues with the api that incorrectly made it rely on the main codebase.
- Fixed a completely damaged tuyere not being broken.
- Fixed ClassCastException when placing pottery on top of firepits. Pottery now expects a block underneath it with a solid top face.
|| Sep 17, 2013
- Shift clicking liquid metal molds into a crucible now defaults to the output slot in order to prevent accidentally adding the wrong type of metal to your alloy.
- Changed Quern handstone to Medium/Heavy
- Grinding with a full quern output spot spits the new items onto the ground.
- Items moved around in Creative to better utilize the TFC tabs.
- Casting UI and tooltip now only accessible via castable metals. Note that this is partially a slight bug. Only the casting tooltip should be disabled. Will be fixed later.
- Limonite can now be ground in a quern to make Yellow dye.
- Reverse and double knife recipes added for knapping.
- Sheep can now be sheared with knives; however shears give more wool.
- Fixed Cheese texture having improper capitalization.
- Fixed Armor bug that was using the wrong incoming damage value. Armor should be more effective.
|| Sep 12, 2013
- Added feature to the "empty" function of the barrel which will fill an empty bucket in the barrel's slot instead of emptying the barrel. Note: this only works for valid liquids, ie: water, limewater, vinegar and milk.
- Added recipe to make white carpet from wool cloth, and recipes to dye carpets
- Added Vinegar and Cheese items; Vinegar is made by re-sealing a barrel of alcohol. Cheese is made by adding milk to a barrel and at least 1 bucket of vinegar and then sealing the barrel
- It's now possible to fill water bottles from barrels.
- Added Lapis, Malachite and Hematite quern grinding for Blue, Green and Red dye.
- Changed breaking bottles to play glass breaking sound instead of ceramic.
- Fixed player starting with only 50% thirst.
- Increased length of time after powder keg is activated that it explodes, from 0.75 s to 3 s. Additionally, right clicking on an ignited powder keg will defuse it.
- Ingots and unshaped ingots now carry temperature values over when crafted.
- Male sheep now have horns
- Added config option for people who don't like onions
- Localization update.
- Fixed propick having an improper search radius.
- Fixed lambs dying at birth.
- Fixed bottles not properly disappearing when broken.
- Fixed charcoal pit resetting when chunk unloads.
- Fixed incorrect alloy amount when using a liquid mold.
- Fixed tuyeres not taking damage.
- Fixed out of control crucible temperatures.
- Fixed roosters laying eggs (theoretically, assuming it was because of vanilla code)
|| Aug 31, 2013
- Bones can be turned into bonemeal(still no real use), and Cryolite/Cinnabar can be turned into redistone with the quern. The old recipes were removed.
- Anvil hit volume lowered.
- Refactored propick to be less memory intensive.
- Removed all LASTTHREE anvil rules since they were redundant. Changed Hoe Recipe to properly function and altered Shovel recipe
- Snow should no longer replace saplings.
- Fixed grass not converting to dry grass if the climate conditions change.
- MMB picking ore in creative disabled to prevent crashes.
- Fixed metal dupe exploit with the crucible resetting its output count.
- Added missing unmolding recipes for Silver, Unknown Metal and HC Steels
|| Aug 28, 2013
- WorldGen stuttering should now be gone 95% of the time. As a side effect however, initial world creation has slowed down quite a bit. It is recommended to close your world and reopen it immediately after it is created in order to get around some extremely visible render issues related to how mojang chooses to render the lowest subchunks first. You should only need to do this one time after the world has been created if you experiance this issue.
- Glass bottles now break at the same frequency as Ceramic Jugs. Frequency decreased to 1 in 50 instead of 1 in 25. Glass water bottles now fill 12000(1/4 bar) water and Ceramic jugs fill 24000(1/2 bar).
- Localization Update: New German and Dutch translation
- Tweaked tree gen to stop forests growing where they shouldn't.
- Ceramic Vessels containing liquid metal now only stay liquid for about 10 in game hours (after the firing completes) before they must be reheated. Liquid Ceramic vessels now list the metal name in the tooltip as well as a notification of weather it is still in a liquid state or not for easier management.
- Ceramic Vessels containing Items now list their contents in the tooltip as well as the current stacksize.
- Fixed chunks being generated in rotated positions and added some opt out checks to forest and loose rock gens so that they wont try to run if the biome is ocean in order to speed up worldgen for these chunks.
- Should be possible to place a stack of flux in an anvil now.
- The bloomery now requires that an equal or greater amount of charcoal than ore be thrown into the stack before it can be lit. This is on top of the primer stack of charcoal that is required at the bottom of the stack.
- Fixed losing ingot when trying to place high-carbon/weak steels.
- Dying of alcohol poisoning now drops your items correctly (oops).
- Tool mode now renders in creative.
- Crucibles should no longer consume items when moving them around.
- Fixed crash with trying to smelt High Carbon and Weak ingots.
- Anvils are now properly smeltable in a crucible.
|| Aug 28, 2013
- Re-enabled the vanilla recipe for writable books
- Animals should not follow the player in slowmotion when being led by wheat.
- Caves should once again generate properly.
|| Aug 27, 2013
- Blast radius on powder kegs 4x higher.
- Animal spawning changed to a system that is in line with the TFC Climate systems instead of trying to use the vanilla biomes.
- Double ingots should no longer cause an unrecoverable crash with the crucible. This will fix any worlds that are corrupted due to the crucible crashing.
- Water should correctly restore in creative mode when drinking.
- Fix leatherworking not functioning due to the clay background not being reset.
- Fixed shearing giving wool blocks instead of wool items.
- Fixed extreme lag that would occur when an item was placed inside of a barrel due to the UpdateGUI packet being sent every single tick because of the presence of the item.
- Barrels should properly render all faces when placed adjacent to a solid block.
|| Aug 25, 2013
- Fix HUD rendering. Vanilla food bar is no more rendered under TFC bars and TFC bars are drawn only once in one render call instead of multiple times.
- Updated some localizations.
- A bunch of tiny performance tweaks to reduce GC churn and eliminate unnecessary processing.
- Adds Wool Yarn Recipes for the Fishing Rod
- Upped lure speed from .25 Steve's walking speed to .5 to make it more obvious that wheat luring is working.
- Fix occasional alloying failures due to rounding error.
- Crucible should avoid to attempt to add metal to the alloy if the ore is unsmeltable.
- Fix crucible item disappearing and duping.
- Fix StackOverflow when the leaves decay.
- Fixed Super-Fast Cow Pregnancy length.
- Fixed the other occurrence of the 0% bloom bug.
|| Aug 23, 2013
- Food and water should no longer try to play catchup when exiting creative mode.
- Changed Hoe anvil recipe slightly to make more sense.
- Updated black bronze recipe so that the minimum level of 50% copper is actually attainable by increasing the max of Silver and Gold to 25% from 20%.
- Thatch is now considered an opaque block.
- Fixed the XP bar number value that is to high and behind the heath, water and food bars. Also hides all bars in creative game mode.
- Fixed a bug where the Anvil rules display was incorrectly showing that a LAST rule was achievable like an ANY rule.
- Kilns should now properly require a full log pile to start.
- It should no longer be possible to smelt iron ore in a kiln.
- Pottery items should no longer replace some blocks if you attempt to place them in a block that is already occupied.
- Bloom blocks should no longer lose their iron amount information if unloaded. No more 0% bloom items.
- Flipped Medium Hit and Heavy Hit Ids so that they don't use the wrong method calls.
- Typo, improvements and corrections for spanish, italian, portuguese and russian
- The Blast furnace now properly only accepts ore at a 1:1 ratio with flux. It will no longer suck up any ore unless there is flux present as well.
|| Aug 21, 2013
- Basic thirst level doubled to make it less annoying to play with
- Made Minecarts HUGE & HEAVY instead of MEDIUM & MEDIUM
- Javelin skeletons should not all have the flame enchantment.
- Zombies and Skeletons should no longer spawn with enchanted equipment.
- Spawn protection radius increased to a 5x5 chunk area centered on the player. Was 3x3. Tested and this has always been working 100% as intended. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.
- The Firestarter and Flint & Steel should properly be destroyed when they run out of uses.
- Knapping gui should now drop the crafting result (if there is one) when you close the container.
- Re-added the reduced animal spawns that I unwittingly reverted.
- Leather armor is now properly considered a TFC armor.
- By default, no item that extends ItemTerra should have a damage value listed in game. ItemSpindle now properly extends ItemTerra.
- Fixed visual glitches with the mold GUI.
- Fixed certain ingots being placeable that shouldn't have been.
|| Aug 20, 2013
- Lowered zombie health and damage for better balance against the vanilla reinforcement mechanic.
- Gave stone javelins a slight damage boost.
- Adjusted mob spawns to hopefulyl not spawn in as large groups.
- Spiders now have the correct collision box size.
- Liquid vessels should no longer consume an item in the input slot when the container is closed. Sorry Pakratt!
- Weapons should be using the correct damage values.
|| Aug 20, 2013
- Finite water removed. Originally this was going to wait for 0.78.0, however I decided to do this now since I was fixing some bucket related crashes anyways.
- Day Length is no longer configurable. This caused far more bugs than it was worth. Especially anything vanilla didn't like this.
- Fixed skeleton super speed issue for real this time.
- Fixed slow effect not being added to the player when they are dehydrated.
- Added some code to the knapping gui so that resizing the gui does not allow for infinite knapping.
|| Aug 20, 2013
- Liquid metal vessels now output metal at temperatures of 150% the melting temperature of the metal to ensure that the player can cast the metal.
|| Aug 20, 2013
- Skeletons should no longer have super speed.
- Fixed crash with emptying a water bucket.
- Updated language files.
- Code tweaks to reduce the load on the JVM garbage collector.
- Jugs are no longer stackable.
- Thatch and some other organics should have grass sound effects instead of stone.
|| Aug 19, 2013
Built on Forge v188.8.131.527
- Only basic information will be provided here. You'll have to wait for wiki entries and proper guides to be written up if you cant figure things out.
- Requires that you generate new worlds. Many block ids have changed among other things that will make established worlds crash.
- Pit kiln - Created by placing any pottery on the ground(Sneak+RMB) in a 2 deep pit. Add 16 pieces of straw to the pottery by right clicking. Add a full logpile above this and light with a firestarter to cook the pottery.
- Blast furnace (introducing new iron/steel work)
- Pottery - Pottery is created by right clicking with a stack of 5 or more clay. Similar to knapping.
- Implemented Ceramic Vessel as an early game type of bag. Can be used to carry 4 stacks of Small or smaller items. Also used for early smelting and alloy production. Placing ore in the vessel and then firing it again in the pit kiln will give back a container with liquid metal.
- Added Tool casting and tool molds - Ceramic tool molds can be created and filled with metal for Copper or Bronze tier weapons and tools. To fill a mold, you'll need to right click anywhere with a ceramic mold containing liquid metal.
- Crucible - Mid-Late game alloy production and ore smelting. Any metal can be smelted in the crucible except for iron ores.
- Multi language support
- Complete or almost complete: Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Danish, Simplified Chinese
- In progress: Finnish, Romanian, Serbian, Swedish
- New armor/damage types - All armor has defensive properties capable of reducing damage from Blunt, Slashing, or Piercing attacks. All weapons have been given a corresponding damage type. Similarly, all mobs now deal specific types of damage.
- Added random body part hitting and effects for not wearing armor on head/feet
- Added the ability to blow up barrels of gunpowder
- New animal textures and models
- Thatched roof
- Alcohol can be added to glass bottles and gives status effects when you drink too muich.
- Added Tuyere - this is a metal pipe used for pumping air into a blast furnace. Created by working a metal 2x sheet in an anvil. No plan is required.
- Added Metal javelins.
- Added Kaolinite Powder, Graphite Powder, and Fire Clay. Kaolinite powder and graphite powder are made by crushing the ore in the quern
- Dead squid drop calamari
- Rebalanced Armor now takes reduced item damage
- Added javelin skeletons.
- Grass and sapling growth will now only occur if the temp is greater than 20C
- Random sapling growth now requires a clear line of sight to the sky
- Lowered tool efficiency
- Armor now takes damage at a reduced amount, based upon the damage received.
- Hold shift to see the advanced info of armor/weapons and help instruction for some items (clay, rock...)
- Added ability to shift click the contents of a bucket directly into a barrel and fixed numbers in barrels for balance
- Removed dependence upon Player API
- Implemented new Anvil Gui
- Creating a meal prep area now requires a bowl in your inventory along with the knife
- Peat is no longer placeable
- Bellows no longer works directly on a bloomery but must be connected to a tuyere
- Bellow animation
- Ingots are no longer crafted but are removed form a mold by placing in a crafting grid, or added back to a mold by combining it with a ceramic mold
- Get straw from removing grain from crops and use of knife/scythe on grass
- Small surface ore spawning change to make copper more prevalent and tin less so
- Chiseling underside now only checks if the block and the one above it are raw stone. Can now chisel the underside of bricks, cobblestone, smooth stone and planks without restrictions
- Removed metalurgy table
- Enabled Kaolinite spawning and made Graphite more rare
- Removed axe plank making
- Chickens now take a full day to lay a new egg. (stopgap until we have a proper nestbox)
- Removed all Tin, Zinc, Rose Gold, and Bismuth Tools
- Removed double metal ore
- Removed the decorative features from the armors
- Making a food prep block with a knife now requires that the block beneath be of either wood, stone, or iron material types
- TFC Flint & Steel now has proper size/weight parameters
- New animated textures for the bloomery
- Moved static Block and Item IDs, there will no longer be block ID conflict with new releases
- Logpiles can no longer be created on top of nonsolid blocks or other logpiles that are not completely full of logs.
- Need to place 8 charcoal instead of trow them on the ground to make the forge
- Wolf activaly kill chicken and pig
- Only female chicken lay eggs
- Logpiles now properly burn
- Forge will be destroyed when you removed one of the containing walls
- Log pile will disappear when destroyed
- Explosion of ore blocks give the right drop
- Burning sheed drop cooked mutton
- Toolrack drop the correct type of toolrack when broken
- Fixed double doors not being mirrored properly
- Placing charcoal should no longer replace partial blocks
- Fixed animal behaviours
- Fixed Barrel item rendering in hand and inventory
- Fixed iron golem crash
- Fixed StackOverflow with big charcoal pits
- Fixed crash when using blueprint on non-superdetailed block
- Thirst should be far less intrusive now. Drains once per day instead of 5 times per day
- Fixed skeletons not reporting a name in death messages
- Making a minecart with chest will give the TFC version, no the Vanilla one
- Fix wrong color of tree flowers or fruits on the top face
- Gave meals individual icons
- Fixes age old issue of items with temperature causing ghost dupes
- Made sequoia leaves/logs smarter when they get placed by the treegen to not replace pre-existing blocks
- Charcoal pit must be covered to work properly
- Rain should properly play sounds when hitting the ground
- Fixed several instances of blocks giving the wrong item back when destroyed by an explosion.